Substance Misuse Toolkit
This online resource contains quality assured substance misuse education resources to support staff working with young people in both education and community settings. Resources include lesson plans, resource packs and relevant websites.
The Substance Misuse Toolkit aims to reduce harm caused by substance misuse by:
- Equipping staff with the knowledge and confidence they require to teach pupils about the effects, risks and consequences of substance use by providing them with a range of materials and methodologies
- Encouraging learners to make informed choices about alcohol, drugs and tobacco
- Supporting an age appropriate and inclusive approach to education in relation to substances within the context of a Curriculum for Excellence
- Identifying evidence based resources and approaches and share good practice with staff across the Greater Glasgow and Clyde area
- Ensuring that resources are up to date and fit for purpose
When selecting resources from this toolkit staff should ensure that not only topics are covered but that there is an emphasis on risk and resilience across all stages in the health and well being curriculum.
An overview of all the resources can be found here or click on the topics below.