This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. I'm fine with this Cookie information


We aim to provide the highest quality services possible. We aim to do this by delivery of safe, effective and person-centred care. The vast majority of our patients have a good experience. We do not underestimate the emotional, and sometimes physical, impact on people who have a less positive experience.

The views of people who use our services help us to make continuous improvements. Our complaints process is a key component of this.

This page is to give you guidance on how to make a complaint if you wish to do so.

How to Complain

Please speak to the person or team responsible if you are not happy with your treatment, or the treatment of someone you care about. This would be for example the nurse in charge of a ward, or the practice manager at a GP surgery.

If your complaint is about hospital services and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can contact us.

If you wish to complain about your GP Practice, but do not wish to contact them direct, we can do so on your behalf. You can contact us on the details noted on this website by using our complaints email account, or by post. We will treat your complaint as formal in line with our Complaints Policy and Procedure.

We usually ask you to put your complaint in writing so that the terms of the complaint are clear. We can help you to do this if you need help. We can give you advice about where to get independent help in making your complaint.

Complaints about Hospital Services

For complaints about all acute hospital services across Glasgow and Clyde, you can:

Write to us at:

Complaints Department
West Glasgow Ambulatory Care Hospital
Dalnair Street
G3 8SJ

Phone us: 0141 201 4500

Email us:

Complaints about the NHS Board

For complaints about the NHS Board’s functions, you can

Write to us:

Complaints Department
West Glasgow Ambulatory Care Hospital
Dalnair Street
G3 8SJ

Phone us: 0141 201 4500

Email us:

Complaints about Health and Social Care Partnerships 

For complaint about a service managed by a Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP), not hospitals please contact:

Glasgow City HSCP

Glasgow City HSCP
Commonwealth House
32 Albion Street
G1 1LH

Phone: 0141 287 0130


East Renfrewshire HSCP

Deborah Gray
Complaints Administrator
Eastwood Health & Care Centre
Drumby Centre
G76 7HN

Phone: 0141 451 0505


Renfrewshire HSCP

Renfrewshire HSCP
Renfrewshire House
Cotton Street

Phone us: 0141 618 7659

East Dunbartonshire

Louise Martin
Head of Administration
Kirkintilloch Health& Care Centre
10 Saramago Street
G66 3BF

Phone: 0141 232 8237


West Dunbartonshire

West Dunbartonshire Health & Social Care Partnership HQ,
Council Offices,
Garshake Road,
G82 3PU

Phones: 01389 776833



Inverclyde HSCP Quality and Complaints Officer
Hector McNeil House
7 - 8 Clyde Square
PA15 1NB

Phone: 01475 715280


Complaints about Prison Healthcare Services

For complaints about prison healthcare at Barlinnie, Greenock and Low Moss prisons contact:

Prison Healthcare Services
Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership
1st Floor
Clutha House
120 Cornwall Street South
G41 1AF

Complaints about Family Health Services

To complain about a

  • GP surgery
  • an NHS dental surgery
  • an NHS optician’s practice 
  • a community pharmacy

please contact them direct.

If you are not comfortable doing this, we may be able to act as an intermediary, to help resolve any differences. For help with this or for further advice on how to complain about these services, contact:

Business Administration Manager
Family Health Service Complaints
Glasgow City HSCP Headquarters
Commonwealth House
32 Albion Street
G1 1LH

Phone: 0141 287 0130


Patient Advice and Support Service

The NHS in Scotland has in place arrangements to provide a Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) for all NHS users. The service is free, confidential, independent of NHSGGC, and fully impartial.

Helpline tel no: 0800 917 2127

For more information about this service and to find your local bureau, including contact details, please visit the PASS website: