Information for Visitors
New visitor restrictions now in place
To ensure patient, staff and visitor safety, visiting has now been suspended at all NHSGGC hospitals during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Special arrangements will be made to accommodate the following essential visitors:
- One birthing partner will be allowed during labour. They must remain within the maternity area at all times
- Parents of children who are inpatients or attending an outpatient appointment. Parents must remain with their child at all times
- One person to support someone with a mental health issue such as dementia, a learning disability or autism where not being present would cause the patient to be distressed
- One family member of those receiving end of life care.
All arrangements MUST be made through the nurse in charge of the ward.
- Any visitors MUST use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving clinical areas
- Children MUST NOT visit.
As you cannot visit in person, please use technology such as social media and phone calls to stay in touch.
It is essential you do not visit if you have a persistent cough, flu like symptoms or fever.
Thank you for your understanding.