Getting To Queen Elizabeth University Hospital and Royal Hospital for Children Campus
Our Moviemap shows all sustainable travel links to the QEUH/RHC Campus. The map features public transport options for bus travel as well as train and subway options. The map has links to Traveline Scotland for personal journey planning. Walking and cycling routes are also indicated as well as parking information for the campus.
Travel Options Leaflet
Click here to view/download "Getting to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital and Royal Hospital for Children" travel options leaflet, detailing the range of travel and transport options to the site. Correct as of August 2017.
Public Transport to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospitals campus
Latest Transport News
For up to date public transport information, please visit here.
Bus Services to Arrivals Square - Click here
- First Glasgow Hospital Connect services 8, 16, 34A and 77 directly serve the hospital. Service 90 services the grounds via Langlands Drive, with the 3 and 34 serving Langlands Road, approximately a 10 minute walk to the main hospital site.
- Stagecoach service X19 (Fastlink) directly serves the hospital
- McGills services 17 and 23 directly serve the hospital, with service 26 serving Shieldhall Road, approximately a 10 minute walk to the main hospital site.
- Colchri service 25 directly serves the hospital.
Travelling to the QEUH from out with Glasgow?
Glasgow City Centre bus stops and departure points are shown in page 2 of the following diagram (click onto diagram to view), along with local interchange points such as Paisley and Braehead.
- First Glasgow, Stagecoach, McGill's and Colchri buses are predominantly low floor, easily accessible for wheelchair users and ‘buggy friendly’.
- The hospital covers a large area. You may find it easier to take a bus that goes through the grounds.
- Concession Pass Holders travelling before 9.00am no longer need to show an appointment card.
- Correct change is needed on board First Glasgow buses
By Rail or Subway
To Govan Road Entrance
- Govan Subway Station:
- A 25 minute walk to Govan Road entrance (just over 1 mile). Buses for hospital grounds are at street level bus stop, not the terminus. The X19 and 23/23A connect Govan Subway to Arrivals Square and the 90 to the Hospital grounds on Langlands Drive.
- Central Station (Union Street) (nearest buses):
McGill's 23, 23A or Stagecoach X19. Alternatively take the St Enoch Subway to Govan and follow the above directions.
- Queen Street Station:
Stagecoach X19 or First 77 from Cathedral Street. Alternatively, take the Buchanan Street Subway to Govan and follow the above directions.
- Cardonald Station:
A 25 minute walk to Langlands Road entrance (just over 1 mile) or McGill's bus 17, First 34a, Colchri 25.
- Paisley Gilmour Street Station:
Follow the link above to access our dedicated walking and cycling pages.
We have recently developed new walking and cycling guides with Sustrans which detail local routes, facilites and access point. The guide for the QEUH site is available here.
Introduction of Patient and Visitor Transfer Vehicle across QEUH Campus
The Patient and Visitor Transfer Vehicle service provides improved access for individuals who have restricted mobility and assists patients and visitors around the QEUH campus.
Collection/drop off at key locations across the campus including
- Both Multi Storey Car Parks (P1 and P2)
- Main entrances of QEUH/RHC/INS/SIU/PDRU/Maternity Unit/Langlands Building/Podiatry/Westmarc.
Hours of Availability/Seating Capacity
- Service currently operates from 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Buggy can transfer a maximum of 5 persons (or 1 person in a wheelchair and 3 persons) at a time
- Patients and Visitors require to be over the age of 12 years or taller than 135cm to comply with the safe use of seat belt legislation.
Designated Routes/Access to Buggy Service
Patients and Visitors can access the Transfer Vehicle via designated call points located in ground floor of P1 and P2 or via hospital reception staff located within QEUH/RHC/INS/SIU/PDRU/Maternity Unit/Langlands Building/Podiatry/Westmarc.
Further Information/ Contacts
Bus Operators - First, Stagecoach, McGills and Colchri
Rail Operator - Scotrail
Subway Operator - SPT
Other - Clyde ferry